5 Ways Office Design Can Boost Productivity
An office design where employees feel comfortable, valued and cared for can boost productivity for businesses. Creating or updating your office doesn’t have to be daunting. There are some easy ways to implement new features that can be mutually beneficial for you and your staff.
- Ergonomic Office Furniture
- Height-Adjustable Desks
- Personalized Workspace
- Natural Lighting
- Regular Cleaning & Sanitation
1) Purchase Ergonomic Office Furniture To Support Your Staff
Ergonomics provides a great example of the relationship between work performance and office furniture. Implementing ergonomic improvements in the workspace can help reduce the risk of discomfort, strain, and musculoskeletal injuries to improve productivity.
- Adjustable desk chairs with lumbar support when sitting for long periods.
- Ergonomic mice and keyboards for proper hand positioning.
- Arm support and wrist rests to remove pressure between the arm and the hard desk surface.
- Footrests to align the knees and hips in a healthy position.
- Appropriate task lighting to decrease eye strain.
- Stands to keep monitors and laptops at eye level to avoid neck strain.
2) Encourage Mobility With Height-Adjustable Desks
A great way to encourage mobility around the office is with height-adjustable desks. They allow employees to find their own unique level of comfort while working and the flexibility of moving the desk up or down as often as they wish throughout the day. The freedom to stretch and reposition while still working increases productivity, improves mood and energy levels, and positively affects health.
3) Allow Employees To Personalize Their Workspace
An active brain often equates to higher energy levels. Staring at a boring, uniform cubicle all day can dull the mind. To avoid physical and mental fatigue, encourage employees to bring appropriate personal items to make their workspace more comfortable.
4) Make Use Of Natural Light Sources To Increase Productivity
A workplace’s productivity is influenced not only by the furniture it chooses but also by where it is placed. A lack of natural light can affect workers’ ability to function and negatively impact their mood. Boost staff productivity by moving desks and chairs near natural light sources.
5) Office Cleaning & Sanitation Help Employees Breathe Easier
Keeping a consistently clean environment that is sanitized regularly leads to fewer sick days and shows that workers’ health is taken seriously. Regular office cleaning should be scheduled daily, weekly, or bi-weekly according to the size of the office and the area involved, with a quarterly or semi-annual deep cleaning.
Update Your Office Today
At Southwest Modular, we provide business solutions for all your office design needs in the Las Vegas valley. From ergonomic office furniture to moving to cleaning, we will provide you with experienced and reliable service. Contact Southwest Modular today to start your journey toward a more productive office.
Need Brand New Office Furniture?
Browse our inventory of brand new office collections.